normal by definition confirming to a standard; usual, typical or expected

Friday 15 May 2009

Happy Mother's Day Mak!

We know we won't get to celebrate Mother's Day with Mak on the day itself. We have to celebrate it that weekend itself. So, we bought a cake and some pizza for that purpose.
Most of the cake shops were closed in Parit Raja. There was only one shop opened and they are out of Mother's Day cake, hence we just bought whatever available. They don't have a cake where you can write Happy Mother's Day on it, we ended up putting the Happy Birthday sign instead. Takpe ler, asal ada kan?
Started with doa recital, baru lah berkat.
This kind of ceremony, of course the kids would be the most excited ones! My cuties and nephew were crowding the cake and food from the beginning. Macam ler nak celebrate childrens' day kan?
Mak being Mak, would not allow us to serve. She was the one serving us instead. She insisted to do that and gave reason cause we have bought the food...Mak...Mak...
If I haven't told you, my mom in-law aka Mak, is a great lady. She loves me unconditionally and she treats me like her own daughter, not like a menantu. Whenever we balik kg, she will insist for no one to disturb me and let me wake up late. She told them, I have been taking care of her son and her grandchildren and also working at the same time. She reiterated many times I need to have a break as well, so when I am in her house, she will pamper me and would not allow me to help her in the kitchen. Mak is a great lady and I know she worked hard raising all her 5 kids. I am so lucky I have 2 great mothers in my life ; my own mom and my mom in-law.
But, I feel sad.....when her own children(ada ler sorang dua) don't know how to appreciate Mak. They don't know how lucky they are....Jangan bila mak dah takde, baru nak terhegeh2 menangis meraung panggil Mak macam dalam drama tu...

1 normalies:

nae said...

Happy Mothers Day to you as well...one of the super moms that I know of.